[Asterisk-Users] Vonage - Gues what?

Chris Albertson chrisalbertson90278 at yahoo.com
Tue Feb 25 15:17:32 MST 2003

Guess what??  Linksys makes just the device we are suggesting
and at less than the price you suggest.

go to linksys.com and search on "BEFN2PE"

The "BEFN2PE" has both an RJ-45 and RJ-11 and yes, an internal
web server for configuration.

I need to do some more hunting on google.  who knows what
will turn up?  Lots of stuff out there.

Throuble is it looks like the BEFN2PE uses some non-standard
VoIP protocol from Net at Phone.com

Anyone want to talk to Linksys about SIP/IAX firmware?

--- Brian Johnson <bjohnson at jecinc.on.ca> wrote:

> > Guess what?  The above pretty much describes an ATA186.
> >

> I understand that the ATA186 has 2 FXS ports and a 10/100 LAN port
>
> My original post suggested that the addition of a FXO port and a
> couple more
> 10/100 ports (for adjacent computers) would be a real improvement
>
> Your comparison to a linksys router is exactly on the mark.  This
> type of
> VoIP device for a remote location (ie a branch office) would be great
> if
> available for $200 +-.
>
> Add your ATA186 devices for additional extensions and tie into a
> central
> asterisk server and you have a really nice, distributed, start small
> and
> expand, VoIP system.

joke's on us

=====