[Asterisk-Users] Problems with Ring Detection

Jon Pounder JonP at inline.net
Tue Feb 25 10:59:16 MST 2003

At 11:43 AM 2/25/2003 -0600, you wrote:
>You probably have low ring voltage on your line.  Test it, and complain
>to your telco if that's the problem.  It should be somewhere around 90VAC.
>
>So it is your intention to allow an inactive caller to tie up your line?
>I think this may also be related to line voltage, however.

I have similar problems, and asterisk seems to have real trouble
determining a ring when the cadence varies. Cadence 2 is interpreted as 2
rings for example. I find when the first ring is a partial ring this is the
real problem (why in this day of computers there are partial rings ever I
have no idea)

What is the exact status of cadence detection in asterisk now ? Can it be
used to determine the context of an incoming call yet ? (reliably)