[Asterisk-Users] Problems with Ring Detection

John Lange lists at darkcore.net
Tue Feb 25 10:22:21 MST 2003

We have a system with dual X100P cards attached to regular POT lines.

About 50% of the time the X100P fails to detect a call on the first ring
and therefore misses the caller-id information. Is there any way to
tweak the x100P so it does a better job of ring detection?

As a secondary problem, if you call our line, let it ring once and then
hangup, Asterisk picks up the phone (getting a dialtone because there is
no call) and leaves the line open forever (our dialplan loops on
timeout). Is there a way to have Asterisk detect a dialtone on an
incoming call and hangup if it finds one? Or some other solution to this
issue?

As a work around I've simply changed the dialplan so it hangs up on
timeout but that isn't what we really want.

--
John Lange <lists at darkcore.net>