[Asterisk-Users] Vonage

Brian Capouch brianc at palaver.net
Mon Feb 24 19:15:06 MST 2003

Jon Pounder wrote:>
> What would you think if I sold you a screw and told you, you could only
> hit it with a hammer unless you bought the screwdriver licence ?
>
> You would think I am an idiot and use the screwdriver anyway. Same thing
> here. A feature restricting licence for hardware is a moronic concept.

Hear hear!!  And that's why I consider the ethics of stealing from a
thief a bit of a puzzlement.  It isn't so much that Cisco are morons;
it's actually much more vile: while they have the market to themselves,
and while I'm sure 100 competitors are gearing up to compete with them,
they would like to extract every ounce of $$blood$$ they can from their
esteemed customers.

Which is why they, Micro$ucks, and all the local telcos like mine who
sneer when their customers squeal about their rapacious behavior,
someday hopefully will get their comeuppance.

In the meantime, it warms my heart to watch those licenses fly. . .

B.