[Asterisk-Users] Override Caller ID? Found Answer

Brad Bergman bradley at bergman.ca
Sun Feb 23 17:58:16 MST 2003

Perhaps your problem is the telco that is completing your call. I have been
playing with this myself and have a couple of little observations for calls I
placed through Asterisk via iconnect:

1. When I dial my cell phone, I see whatever caller ID I set in Asterisk (with
a 1 prepended), regardless of how invalid the number is (e.g., 411). If I don't
set it, I see 1 plus my 8-digit iconnect account number.

2. When I dial my landline, I see a specific number (in area code 646) no
matter what I set in Asterisk. Perhaps the telco substitutes the ANI number
when the caller ID it receives doesn't match? I don't really know.

3. Same as (2) when I dialled my sister's cell, which is on a different network
than mine.

Cheers,
Brad

href="http://mail.mail1.emailfiltering.co.uk/jump/http://www.djernes.org">http:/