[Asterisk-Users] Accept DTMF during voicemail play?

Brian Capouch brianc at palaver.net
Sun Feb 23 13:43:12 MST 2003

Tilghman Lesher wrote:>

> Instead of jumping directly to the VoiceMail application, why
> not run the Background application with your voice mail greeting,
> then use just a short bit of silence for the actual greeting?
> You could then interrupt the Background application with a new
> extension (sending you to VoiceMailMain), without having to
> modify the VoiceMail application at all.

That's exactly what I needed to do, thanks to you and denon at denon.cx.

Before:

exten => s,1,setmusiconhold,default
exten => s,2,responsetimeout,15
exten => s,3,Answer
exten => s,4,Dial,Zap/2|15
exten => s,5,Voicemail,u100
exten => s,6,Hangup

Now:
exten => s,1,setmusiconhold,default
exten => s,2,responsetimeout,15
exten => s,3,Answer
exten => s,4,Dial,Zap/2|15
exten => s,5,Background,userunavail
exten => s,6,Background,vm-intro
exten => s,7,Voicemail,s100

***

Note I had to move the voicemail "Unavailable" message into the system
messages for this to work.  Don't know if there is a way of specifying
the path to a specific voicemail outgoing message from the extensions file.

Thanks to all who replied; I am a happy camper.

B.