[Asterisk-Users] Other i4l issues

Pauline Middelink middelink at polyware.nl
Sat Feb 22 02:32:08 MST 2003

On Fri, 21 Feb 2003 around 17:17:39 +0100, Matteo Brancaleoni wrote:
> Hi guys, i4l again ;-)
>
> So, same conf as last msg.
> I noticed 2 little issues:
>
> moh : when i dial into * via i4l,
> moh is stopped. but if I answer
> the dialled exten and then transfer
> to another exten, moh is heard through
> i4l. it's ok? why dialling stops it
> and transfer not?

Has probably something to do with the fact you answered
the call and than the party you are dailing (zap,voip?)
indicates ringing, i4l (and more devices) can not do mixing,
so the ring indication sound 'takes over' the channel.
It should mix into the channel, but that would be an itch
which is hard to handle...

> answering:
> when answering a call via i4l
> I can hear on the calling party
> voices from last call, for
> a little moment, then all is ok
> (as soon as I start background app).
> here's a snippet of my extension.conf :

You did not patch the kernel, didn't you?
The HFC driver has up to 1 second FIFO's and
they are not cleared ok in the kernel. I
have a patch for it, contact me off-list.

> (using HiSax HFC-based pci card)

That was expected :)

    Met vriendelijke groet,
        Pauline Middelink
--
GPG Key fingerprint = 2D5B 87A7 DDA6 0378 5DEA  BD3B 9A50 B416 E2D0 C3C2
For more details look at my website http://www.polyware.nl/~middelink