[Asterisk-Users] Fixed-Wireless...and [*]

Jim Fleming JimFleming at ameritech.net
Sat Feb 22 01:29:57 MST 2003

Note, this company was one of the early pioneers in matching up traditional POTS with wireless.
http://www.telular.com/products/index.asp
They started with a device called a Cell-Jack which could ring a real POTS phone and used a standard
AMPS mobile phone as the back-end or up-stream connection. It was handy for boats and motor homes
because one could have what appeared to be a real phone, that would ring, yet no wires to a central office.

One can now use [*] to build a similar device with a PhoneJack (http://www.quicknet.net) to ring the
phone and a wireless LAN interface to a packet transport. Harbors and camp-grounds are ideal places to
build *hot spots*, because people come and go (roam) and want to connect to the InterNAT.

Jim Fleming
http://IPv8.vrx.net