[Asterisk-Users] Mark echo cancellers

Matteo Brancaleoni mbrancaleoni at espia.it
Fri Feb 21 17:31:10 MST 2003

Hi 2 all.

I was searching the archive for experiences
about the mec,mec2,mec3,steve and steve2.

There's anyone that can explain the differences
between them, and if each is tunable?
At the moment seems that only mec2 could
be put in "aggressive" mode on the makefile.

My experience is only with mec2:
on zap channels is ok.
When I bridge zap/modem_i4l sometimes get echo.
The same with zap/capi.

So I turned on the aggressive suppressor,
the echo is gone (tested only on zap/modem_i4l),
although I think is too strong.
On certain calls seems like are interrupted.
Listening better I noticed that the silence
between words is too much.... ehm, how can
explain that...
Ok, let's say that: seems that the sound
where volume>0 is truncated to silence too fast
in spaces between words.
Also I can feel a sort of delay in the communication.

mec3 is better?

Or there is a way to select how much the suppressor
must be aggressive ?

TNX,

--

Matteo Brancaleoni