T1 to Fixed-Wireless ...Re: [Asterisk-Users] Looking for Channel Banks

Jim Fleming JimFleming at ameritech.net
Fri Feb 21 10:55:42 MST 2003

----- Original Message -----
From: "Eric Wieling" <eric at fnords.org>
> I'm looking for reccomendations for basic T-1 channel banks.
> I'm looking for models with FXO interfaces and models with FXS
> interfaces.  I imagine that models with only one type of
> interface would be cheaper than the modular models.
====

You might also want to consider the T1 to Fixed-Wireless (cell-phone on a board) approach...
http://www.valiantcom.com/vclgsm/t1/vcl_gsm_t1.htm

Those FX* interfaces can be viewed as FXO, but if you have a wireless service that allows for
unlimited calls from other wireless devices, then, people can call into those FX* interfaces and
be connected to your Asterisk server via the T1. It is like taking 24 (T1) or 30 (E1) cellphones
and hooking them to your server. They can dial in and out to the wireless provider for local
(whatever local is) voice transport and access to the PSTN.

Jim Fleming
http://IPv8.isfun.net