[Asterisk-Users] GSM on SIP

Mark Spencer markster at digium.com
Thu Feb 20 08:33:44 MST 2003

> got same problem. When i configure my SNOM 100 and SNOM 200 phones to
> use GSM codec, every call from isdn and pstn to the sip snome pohnes has
> terrible sound quality...
> is there possibility to fix this ?

Try to find me on IRC to speed this up (irc.freenode.net, in #asterisk,
i'm "kram").  Do you know of any software the snom GSM implementation
*does* interoperate with?  What's strange is that both the audio *to* and
the audio *from* the SNOM sounds terrible, yet I've done analysis on the
RTP packets and they both look to be in an identical format (except the
SNOM omits the CRC calculation and we don't).

Mark