[Asterisk-Users] Request a test call

William X Walsh william at wxw.org
Wed Feb 19 18:10:24 MST 2003

On Wed, 2003-02-19 at 16:10, William X Walsh wrote:
> If anyone is using GnoPhone and the iaxtel service, could I get a test
> call at 17006827488.
>
> I believe I have my asterisk registering my gnophone account (the last
> of the VoIP Services I use that I want to integrate into asterisk).
>
> I don't think I have outgoing calls to other iaxtel.com numbers working
> yet though.

Ok, it's not working for incoming calls to the iaxtel 700 number I am
registered as, but I can make outgoing calls to other iaxtel 700
numbers.

I made some presumptions in setting this up, that the iax.conf setup for
registering to a remote server would be nearly identical to the sip.conf
setup for doing the same.

So in iax.conf I have this:
context = from-iax
register => username:password at iaxtel.com

At the console, if I type iax show registry, it shows my username as
State: Registered

Now I assumed that to handle the incoming call, I'd use the context I
setup in iax.conf, "from-iax"

In that context, I just have it setup to:
exten => s,1,Dial,SIP/2101

and nothing else in that context.

Any pointers?

--