[Asterisk-Users] some questions...

Florian Overkamp florian at obsimref.com
Tue Feb 18 14:13:08 MST 2003

>- What excactly is _needed_ to attach analog phones to asterisk? Can I do
>with
>a card, or do I need a channel bank?
>- What is a channel bank?
>- Are any digital phones supported?

Hey Roy,

to add to Stevens answer:

- Depends on your required line volume (more than say 8 lines (two fully
loaded stationcards, when they're done, would probably require a channel bank)
- 1 T1 line (24 channels) or 1 E1 line (30 channels) in -> 24 or 30 analog
lines out (or vice versa)
- Digital as in VoIP: Ofcourse, on your LAN. But as your question refers to
analog phones I think you mean ISDN or ADSI. ISDN phones are only supported
if you have a channelbank that delivers this. ADSI is supported on all
Digium hardware (through a stationcard or through a channelbank. I think it
is possible over VoIP gateways too, but never tried it. Maybe someone can
comment ?

Best regards,
Florian