[Asterisk-Users] Re: [Asterisk] Major new * Dialplan Features

Mark Spencer markster at digium.com
Tue Feb 18 09:54:40 MST 2003

> What I dont like is the fact suddenly the context is prepended
> with macro-. In all other cases * takes the context as we
> have given it, not zap-remote is we have context=remote
> in zaptel.conf etc etc. Why this sudden changeofhart?
> Nothing really is gained by it and it throws off the
> esthalished set of ground rules :)

I guess the logic was to make it clearer that these contexts are truly
macros, for visibility.  Clearly, in the general case, a context for a
macro will not be useful as a general purpose context due to ${ARG1} et
al.  I'm open to feedback on this though.  Anybody else have feelings one
way or another?

Mark