[Asterisk-Users] Motorola to use Linux

Raymond McKay rmckay at supserv.com
Mon Feb 17 20:13:39 MST 2003

> will run on these? Do any of you know how much hardware, fcc licencing...
> is required to serve phones or if a low power cell (low enough where
> fcc...would not be an issue) could be constructed to serve a workplace or
> neighborhood.
>
> John

I plan on doing just that with WiFi soon.  A company, that I have talked to,
is working on a SIP based WiFi phone.  So far the plan is to use a Orinoco
AP-2000 with 2 gold cards.  One will serve the inside, the other will be
amplified to max legal power for the band and will serve an outdoor antenna.
I don't see why this kind of configuration couldn't be adapted to a
workplace environment.  Would be a lot cheaper than using proprietary
equipment.

John, if you would like to converse about the specifics of my plan, feel
free to contact me off the list.

Raymond McKay
Partner
Support Services