[Asterisk-Users] Latest CVS breaks outgoing audio for SIP channel

Brian Capouch brianc at palaver.net
Sun Feb 16 11:18:29 MST 2003

I downloaded the latest CVS Friday night, in hopes that hangup detection
would now work.

It didn't :-(

I noticed that a side effect of the upgrade is that calls I make (using
the SIP channel driver) through iconnecthere now have a problem with my
outgoing audio.

It sounds like the voice is going through some sort of filter that would
make it appropriate for music raves: it is "phased" and also the volume
throbs up and down.  It is totally unintelligible.

Calls made out the Zaptel channels work just fine.  I corrected the
problem by replacing ONLY the module chan_sip.so with the one that I was
using from my previous (1/17) download of the CVS code.

I am using an ATA186, and the voice quality is fine when that box makes
outgoing calls via the PSTN connection to my Vonage service.

Does anyone know what I might be going on?

Thanks.

B.