[Asterisk-Users] First Test Message for new Mail Server

tmassey at obscorp.com tmassey at obscorp.com
Thu Feb 13 19:07:55 MST 2003

asterisk-users-admin at lists.digium.com wrote on 02/14/2003 09:20:13 AM:

> Actually now that I think about it, labeling it asterisk-users is a
little
> long.  Perhaps we should make it just "Asterisk" or "Ast-Users" or
> something shorter so you can easily see more of the real title?

If you're going to have more than one list, puting which one is nice.  My
vote would be for "[Ast-Users]", or "[*-Users]".  If you're not going to
do that for the forseeable future, then [Asterisk] works for me.  I would
prefer that one.

Thank you everyone for your suggestions on how to filter mail.  I have
been filtering e-mail for quite some time now, and I prefer to do it based
on the label in the Subject:, which, after all, is *designed* to show you
which list something comes from.  It works in the majority of cases, even
when someone replies directly to an e-mail or when the mailing list people
change the server setup.  Of course, it doesn't work with the operators
change the name on you, but you would think they would leave well enough
alone...  ;)

Tim Massey