[Asterisk-Users] A Head Check

Darren Nickerson darren.nickerson at ifax.com
Wed Dec 31 19:28:02 MST 2003

> Steven Critchfield wrote:
>
> > On Tue, 2003-12-30 at 23:47, Greg Boehnlein wrote:
> > 3. I am also responsible for delivering inbound faxes to the DID numbers
> > via Email. I.E. customer has a document faxed to them and they get it in
> > Email as a tiff. I'm considering using Hylfax with a Multitech DID
capable
> > modem, but other suggestions are welcomed!
>
> It has been mentioned here before that you can pick up a device that
> accepts a PRI and will do your fax reception for you. If you get one of
> those and hook it to a empty port of the TE410P then it will be better
> as you could accept several faxes at once.

(Disclaimer: I work for a company that sells something exactly like Steven
is recommended)

HylaFAX with an EICON Diva Server or Brooktrout TR1043 T1/PRI fax board
would seem to fit the bill nicely. They're available in various port
densities, depending upon the inbound fax volume you anticipate. If you go
the MultiModemDID route, make sure you understand the exact nature of the
analog DID line that device requires, and understand that this will limit
you to a concurrency of only one incoming fax per modem.

For more info, see http://www.hylafax.org/ or my employer's URL (below).

-Darren

--
Darren Nickerson