[Asterisk-Users] New to asterisk? RUN... don't walk.

Sean Adams sadams at slimdevices.com
Wed Dec 31 14:51:54 MST 2003

As a new asterisk user myself, I would agree with you that the learning
curve is steep, but that was my expectation coming into this. I took
the time to browse the list archives before signing up so no surprises
there. There are some real experts here and they obviously help those
who ask interesting questions that aren't answered elsewhere. I would
agree that this list would be better without the retarded flame wars,
and furthermore, trolls the likes of you.

If you don't want to read the information that's available, or if what
you expect is total hand-holding - someone else to install and
configure your phone system for you, then asterisk is a great choice
but you need to hire someone to do that. Or you can go with a
commercial phone system and pay thousands for a basic system with
1/10th the features.

Regarding the stability problem you're having - clearly that's not the
norm. I wouldn't suggest that anyone "expect" that behavior.  I
certainly haven't seen any crashes.