[Asterisk-Users] playback in [macro-stdexten] problem

Lance Arbuckle asterisk at arbuckle.org
Tue Dec 30 17:10:04 MST 2003

Lance Arbuckle wrote:

> I added the playback line to my [macro-stdexten] context but when I dail
> an extension I don't get the "please hold while I try that extension"
> message. It just dials the extexsion.  Do I have a syntax problem
> somewhere ?
>
> exten => 8005,1,Macro(stdexten,8005,Zap/2)
> exten => 8006,1,Macro(stdexten,8006,Sip/8006)
>
> [macro-stdexten]
> exten => s,1,Playback(transfer,skip)
> exten => s,2,Dial(${ARG2},20)
> exten => s,3,Voicemail(u${ARG1})
> exten => s,103,Voicemail(b${ARG1})

I read the wiki a few more times and I know the 'skip' option is causing
the behavior i'm seeing.  What's the difference between putting the
playback line as the first priority in the extension (and not having in
in macro-stdexten ) verses moving the playback inside the macro ?  I
thought functionally they would be the same.

exten => 8005,1,Playback(transfer,skip)
exten => 8005,2,Macro(stdexten,8005,Zap/2)

exten => 8006,1,Playback(transfer,skip)
exten => 8006,2,Macro(stdexten,8006,Sip/8006)

[macro-stdexten]
exten => s,1,Dial(${ARG2},20)
exten => s,2,Voicemail(u${ARG1})
exten => s,102,Voicemail(b${ARG1})