[Asterisk-Users] Re: +AFs-Asterisk-Users+AF0- RE: +AFs-Asterisk-Users+AF0- Multi-line, multi-registration phones

Robert Mann asterisk at easyway.com
Tue Dec 30 17:08:45 MST 2003

Here is an example of a couple of macros that help me where I have a SOHO with a
home phone line and a work phone line.  If I pick up line 2 my work line I would
prefer the call I make to go out my office phone line same with if I pick up
line 1 my home phone line I would prefer it go out my home line but want it to
roll if needed.  So with this little macro it is possible for that to happen.

+AFs-macro-normal-dial+AF0-
exten +AD0APg- s,1,ChanIsAvail(+ACQAew-ARG1+AH0-) +ADs- Determine what line is available in order it
was sent.
exten +AD0APg- s,2,Dial(+ACQAew-AVAILCHAN+AH0-/+ACQAew-MACRO+AF8-EXTEN+AH0-) +ADs- AVAILCHAN gets set from
ChanIsAvail and you use MACRO+AF8-EXTEN instead of EXTEN.

+AFs-line-1-outbound+AF0-
+ADs- Local call here in California +AF8-NXXXXXX
exten +AD0APg- +AF8-NXXXXXX,1,macro(normal-dial,Zap/1+ACY-Zap/2) +ADs- Notice for line 1 I put
Zap/1 before Zap/2

+AFs-line-2-outbound+AF0-
+ADs- Local call here in California +AF8-NXXXXXX
exten +AD0APg- +AF8-NXXXXXX,1,macro(normal-dial,Zap/2+ACY-Zap/1) +ADs- Notice for line 2 I put
Zap/2 before Zap/1

Now without it looking way to complicated I shortened my macro to make it easy
to read here but I have it do a lot more under my setup.  So if you add more to
your macro then the single line still runs all of the things in the macro.

Here is another example of how I use macro's for my extensions.  That way I can
setup voicemail and anything else I need with a 1 line entry after I have built
my macro which will make your extensions.conf file smaller and also allow you to
make 1 change instead of many.

+AFs-macro-extensions-out+AF0-
exten +AD0APg- s,1,Answer +ADs- Answers the call
exten +AD0APg- s,2,AGI(MisterHouse.agi,+ACI-DTMF: +ACQAew-MACRO+AF8-EXTEN+AH0AIg-) +ADs- Outbound call logging
to MisterHouse home automation software
exten +AD0APg- s,3,Dial(+ACQAew-ARG1+AH0-,+ACQAew-ARG2+AH0-) +ADs- Dial for ?? seconds.
exten +AD0APg- s,4,Voicemail2(u+ACQAew-ARG3+AH0-) +ADs- If on phone or channel OUTOFORDER go to busy
voicemail
exten +AD0APg- s,5,Hangup +ADs- Hangup the line after the voicemail.
exten +AD0APg- s,104,Voicemail2(b+ACQAew-ARG3+AH0-)  +ADs- If not available then go to unavailable
voicemail.
exten +AD0APg- s,105,Hangup +ADs- Hangup the line after the voicemail.

exten +AD0APg- 2000,1,macro(extensions-out,Sip/2000,20,2000) +ADs- Extension with
voicemail rings for 20 seconds before going to vm 2000.
exten +AD0APg- 2001,1,macro(extensions-out,Sip/2001,180,0000) +ADs- Extension with a
answer machine rings for 180 seconds with invalid vm box.
etc...

So you see you can save a great amount of time with macros and after you get the
hang of them they will cut down on your extensions.conf file size and make your
life a lot easier.

Robert Mann