[Asterisk-Users] Backup Proxy & Automatic Failover

Steve Dolloff sdolloff at noc.dls.net
Tue Dec 30 12:08:52 MST 2003

I simply have 2 asterisk servers and have the clients point to a DNS SVR
record for their proxy.  The DNS record lists the primary and secondary
with preference for the primary.  This won't stop calls from being
dropped if the primary goes down if you are routing them through the
server, but it does ensure that calls placed while the primary is down
will still go through.

You could do some load management by putting multiple servers in the DNS
record and use a DNS server that supports round robin responses.

Stephen