[Asterisk-Users] specify maximum call duration

Steven Critchfield critch at basesys.com
Mon Dec 29 14:09:21 MST 2003

On Mon, 2003-12-29 at 14:54, Olle E. Johansson wrote:
> Steven Critchfield wrote:
>
> > [incoming]
> > exten => _.*,1,answer
> > ;exten => _.*,2,agi(timeout-lookup.agi) ; alternative
> > exten => _.*/some match,2,Absolutetimeout(360)
> > exten => _.*,2,noop
> > exten => _.*,3,goto(realcontext,${EXTEN},1)
>
> Hmmm. Is that right, Steven? Does
>    exten => xxx/match,2
> follow
>    exten => xxx,1
> and is followed by
>    exten => xxx,3
>
> If I have a /match on callid, will both priority 2 steps be executed,
> or only one, the actual match?
>
> That's something we need to document, if that's correct.

Like most things in asterisk, the best match is used. After the step is
used, it will advance the priority counter. This is how you can branch
and rejoin. The noop could have just as easily been a goto that skipped
several priority entries so as to rejoin the callerid matched portion of
the branch. And conversely, you could make non callerid matches go
through some form of rigmarole to be authenticated before allowing them
through to the rest of your IVR that you allow callerid users direct
access to.