[Asterisk-Users] Re: Grandstream Quality Survey.... :P

rnc Info Lists info-lists at robertc.de
Mon Dec 29 13:38:08 MST 2003

> Is that FCC sticker on the back of the phone for real?
>
> A customer could not use his computer while talking on his GS BT102 phone.
> The customer was using a major name wireless keyboard/mouse with his pc.
> The keyboard/mouse stops working if the GS phone is too close.
>
> --
> Bob Knight
> [-w] the work option
> bk at minusw.com
> 925-449-9163

Both the wireless keyboard and the GS are probably Part 15 devices which
must accept interferance that other services cause to them (ie.. there is
no protection from other "licensed" services' interferance) and are
limited in range  as to the emissions that they can generate.  If those 2
devices are sitting next to each other then they both can probably be FCC
rules compliant and still cause each other problems.

I might have the FCC rule part wrong but think that the concept is right.

Robert