[Asterisk-Users] Echo, ISDN And FXS

Peer Oliver schmidt posde at theinternet.de
Mon Dec 29 00:50:23 MST 2003

Philipp von Klitzing schrieb:

> Hi!
>

>>I have an installation utilizing * with an AVM C4 (ISDN card). Using
>>softphones (SIP and IAX) I have sound problems, like echo.
>

> Did you test if a good soundcard and especially a really good headset
> make a difference?

I've done tests with a Labtec headset on my site, and another user used
a different headset on another site with similiar results. The sound
card is onboard (ASUS A7N8X).

Do you have a specific combination (headset+soundcard) which minimizes
echo and other sound problems?

And, reading all the tips regarding my initial problem, is it save to
assume, utilizing an FXS and regular phones will not cause echo problems?

rgds
pos