[Asterisk-Users] RE: TDM Card loses Dialtone and Battery

Sean Cheesman scheesman at gdsworks.com
Sun Dec 28 22:59:57 MST 2003

The interrupts are assigned by the BIOS at startup.  In your BIOS setup, do
you have the ability to assign IRQ's to particular PCI slots?  Each system
board is different, but most allow you to override somehow.  You might have
to set the Plug and Play Aware OS (or whatever yours is) to no to enable
those options.  Some IRQ's that are usually available are 5, 10, and 11.
Others can be available depending on your system configuration and what all
is enabled.  As a typical rule, here's the breakdown:

0: system timer
1: keyboard
2: cascade to 9
3: COM2/TTYS1
4: COM1/TTYS0
5: available
6: Floppy Disk controller
7: LPT1
8: Real Time Clock
9: PCI Steering (bridge to IRQ2)
10: Available
11: PCI Steering (usually available)
12: Mouse
13: Math Coprocessor
14: IDE0 (Primary IDE)
15: IDE1 (Secondary IDE)

Obviously if you have something disabled, you can use it's IRQ without
problems.  Any IRQ's over 15 are virtual IRQ's that are being assigned
either through the BIOS or possibly through the OS, although I am unsure
whether Linux does this?

Sean