[Asterisk-Users] RE: TDM Card loses Dialtone and Battery

Victor Rini victor at paceint.com
Sun Dec 28 22:11:42 MST 2003

Andrew:

I tried the asterisk -vvvc suggestion and I didn't get any messages when the
card died.

Here's /proc/interrupts before I take out the sound card:

           CPU0
  0:     102777    IO-APIC-edge  timer
  1:        471    IO-APIC-edge  keyboard
  2:          0          XT-PIC  cascade
  8:          4    IO-APIC-edge  rtc
 14:       9159    IO-APIC-edge  ide0
 15:          6    IO-APIC-edge  ide1
 17:    1995769   IO-APIC-level  wcfxo, wcfxo
 18:     341396   IO-APIC-level  wcfxs
 19:          0   IO-APIC-level  EMU10K1
 20:       3390   IO-APIC-level  eth1
 21:       8652   IO-APIC-level  eth0
 22:        788   IO-APIC-level  eth2
NMI:          0
LOC:     102728
ERR:          0
MIS:          0

and after:

           CPU0
  0:      14903    IO-APIC-edge  timer
  1:          2    IO-APIC-edge  keyboard
  2:          0          XT-PIC  cascade
  8:          4    IO-APIC-edge  rtc
 14:       7469    IO-APIC-edge  ide0
 15:          6    IO-APIC-edge  ide1
 17:     111534   IO-APIC-level  wcfxo
 18:     111626   IO-APIC-level  wcfxo
 19:     104013   IO-APIC-level  wcfxs
 20:        680   IO-APIC-level  eth1
 21:        509   IO-APIC-level  eth0
 22:         41   IO-APIC-level  eth2
NMI:          0
LOC:      14855
ERR:          0
MIS:          0

About load: almost impossible to tell. I was sshed into the server and
running top - top was showing the system 100%
idle. Then I hit a download link and bang, the card died.

This is all pretty academic at this point - I think Tilghman found the
problem for me.