[Asterisk-Users] Re: time to build an open phone?

Steven Critchfield critch at basesys.com
Sat Dec 27 22:18:06 MST 2003

While looking for some cell phone goodies to go with my ngage, I noticed
a bluetooth earpiece that happened to come with a usb adapter. It made
me think of this project. Many of the bluetooth adapters have a single
button used on cell phones for voice dialing and answer/hangup
functions. Doesn't this sound a lot like a good tie in with a gnophone
or other iax client. It also sounds like a good idea as the hardware is
already around and functional.

While bluetooth is already being supported in linux, I'm not impressed
yet with the glue software. I bought a bluetooth adapter so I could try
and sync wirelessly the contacts on my phone. Also even with the crap
you have to go through it is the best way to transfer apps to my phone.

Well that should plug the hardware hole for temporary, go dig into the
software.