[Asterisk-Users] Interesting problem

Siggi Langauf langausd at swt.uni-stuttgart.de
Sat Dec 27 04:39:05 MST 2003

On Thu, 18 Dec 2003, Christopher J. Wolff wrote:

> I have three cisco 7910 phones connected to * through skinny protocol.  When
> one of the phones is called, and the phone is ringing, you can hear what's
> going on in the room even though the caller hasn't answered.  It's crazy and
> very hard to ignore when someone is calling :)  God forbid you should cough
> while the phone is ringing.

If you call the Dial application without the "r" option, that should be
fixed. The Skinny driver has a funny way of providing Ringback: It just
switches audio through while ringing...
If you still need ringback, try doing it explicitly like this:

exten = 123,1,Ringing
exten = 123,2,Dial(Skinny/line at phone)
; do NOT add |r or ,r here!        ^

HTH,
	Siggi