[Asterisk-Users] Incoming call on LineJack's LINE/FXO is not answered by *

Michael asterisk at wm.mybw.net
Fri Dec 26 16:14:49 MST 2003

Yes... I did restart Asterisk after I changed the 'mode' in phone.conf.
And after I restarted Asterisk, I always use 'cat /proc/ixj' to make sure that
the line "Port" from the output reads "Port pstn" when 'mode=fxo' and
reads "Port pots" when 'mode=immediate' or 'mode=dialtone'.

I used "*CLI> stop now"  to stop Asterisk, and then started it again with
command line "asterisk -dvvvvc".  (I modified logger.conf to have debug output
to 'console',too.) I even tried unplugging the phone set from the Linejack card
when I am using 'mode=fxo' and restarted Asterisk...

But still, Asterisk doesn't pick up the incoming call and play the nice
greeting message... not even showing some kind of debugging message...:(

Any more ideas??

Thanks,
Michael W.