[Asterisk-Users] Compatible Components

Tilghman Lesher tilghman at mail.jeffandtilghman.com
Fri Dec 26 09:24:09 MST 2003

On Friday 26 December 2003 09:50, Stephen Karrington wrote:
> I just joined this list and brand new to Asterisk. I am planning on
> implementing Asterisk in two locations. Can someone tell me which
> hardware components are compatible with the system? I don't want to
> make a mistake on buying hardware only to find out something
> doesn't work. I will have two isdn lines in one location for one
> install and buying a new server for this. So any recommendations on
> equipment would be greatly appreciated.

All hardware from Digium is compatible.  In addition, if you want to
use ISDN, check out the compatible hardware on the chan_capi homepage:
http://www.junghanns.net/asterisk/page1.html

> In addition, I am planning on 5-8 stations in the PBX to start and
> would like to implement softphones instead of physical phones. Does
> anyone have any experience with this kind of setup?

Should be fine, as long as your softphones support H.323, SIP, or
MGCP.  Also, it is advisable that the softphone support RFC2833 DTMF
or SIP INFO as a method of passing DTMF.

> Another question is how would the system handle incoming calls to
> Asterisk and route them to the softphones at each extension? I am
> planning on using the Pro version of X-ten unless someone has a
> better suggestion for this.

FXO lines from the telco?

-Tilghman