[Asterisk-Users] time to build an open phone?

Bob Knight bk at minusw.com
Thu Dec 25 14:37:45 MST 2003

Bruce Ferrell wrote:

> only problem is the protocol stack isn't open.  Good chip

We would only use that code for examples of how to bolt in
the bottom end drivers.  We would roll out our own os/scheduler,
a little * code and drivers.

I have not found a data sheet for the 1001 yet, but I did look at the 1050.
Great looking chip.  Just a few questions.

Any idea how much it cost?

It does have a jtag debug interface.
Do you know of any gui debuggers running on linux for this chip?

We really need a nice friendly debug environment to make it as easy
to write/load/debug code as doing it for linux.

--
Bob Knight
[-w] the work option
bk at minusw.com