[Asterisk-Users] Grandstream Quality Survey.... :P

rnc Info Lists info-lists at robertc.de
Wed Dec 24 10:04:57 MST 2003

>> Message: 11
> From: "Asterisk online forums" <asterisk at stealthtele.com>
> To: <asterisk-users at lists.digium.com>
> Subject: RE: [Asterisk-Users] Grandstream Quality Survey.... :P
> Date: Wed, 24 Dec 2003 11:23:14 -0500
>
> Brian,

> We are looking now to improve GS products and start collecting all
> bugs/probs and send them to GS. Idea is that we are opening Online
> forums
> and special Grandstream products mailing list. Some support people from
> Grandstream will be participating in Forums and Mailing lists, so we
> will have direct communication between GS and Online community,
> hopefully it will help us to solve more probs.
> Grandstream is very interested to make nice product and sell more, so
> they will be fixing bugs for sure, otherwise they will be out of
> business.

Alexander,
I agree with your email but setting up MORE forums and mailing lists is
not productive.  GS phones have problems interacting with the VoIP
services and Asterisk.  The BEST places for the GS folks to get feedback
AND to interact with the people who are using their phones are on these
already existing mailing lists.  I don't know why you insist on creating
even more websites/email lists for VoIP support.   Why not encourage GS to
get visible on these lists and interact with their customers here, where
they can get the most concentrated feedback (good and bad).

Also, a comment for the general list.  To me BETA code means that it is
NOT  yet RELEASED as PRODUCTION code.  For anyone to think that Beta code
comes without problems is being a bit shortsighted.  If you get beta code
that works without problems then that is great, otherwise give the
developer feedback so that he can fix the bugs and don't complain about
the problems it caused you. Otherwise wait on the official production
releases.

Robert