[Asterisk-Users] Grandstream Quality Survey.... :P

Brian Capouch brianc at palaver.net
Wed Dec 24 01:43:28 MST 2003

Miguel Cavazos wrote:
> On Wed, 2003-12-24 at 08:18, Brian Capouch wrote:
>
>>I have about a dozen Budgetone 101s and I'm pretty much satisfied with them.
>>
>>Sorry, Brian; they've got some rough edges, but they're $65, for God's sake.
>

> They are $65 yes, but you can get the best analog phones on the market
> for that price and use an ata.

Well you certainly could.  And you'd then have to add the cost of the
ATA to your "cost per seat," at least doubling the $65 figure--tripling
it if you meant a Cisco ATA.

I'd love it as much as the next person if GS would open up the platform,
but that's not likely to happen soon.

And for all the griping one sees on the part of a few list members, I
don't know how one can escape the fact that given their place in the
market--at the very bottom--they're pretty functional for the few
dollars one has to part with to get hold of one.

B.