[Asterisk-Users] Cisco 7960 phones.

Rich Adamson radamson at routers.com
Tue Dec 23 18:16:07 MST 2003

> > What firmware did you upgrade to?
> >
> > If its version 5.0 and above the default password is cisco and to
> > unlock it you press settings then 9.
> >
> > NO cisco's docs are simple.. You are just trying too hard.
>
> I want to thank you for the password of cisco.  It worked. I have
> finally gotten the phone to work.  Now to start setting all the new
> bells and tones it has!  I still think that they have over done the
> settings on the phone!

For those of us that have been around the block (at least a couple of
times), the quality of the Cisco product (produced by some other company
that I can't seem to remember ;) ) is significantly greater then a
number of other devices, once you understand some of the values that
aren't noticed in 10 seconds or less.

Enjoy (... I don't sell/work for/sponsor Cisco products)

Rich