[Asterisk-Users] Merry Christmas, all Asterisk users!

Olle E. Johansson oej at edvina.net
Tue Dec 23 16:04:06 MST 2003

It's the day before Christmas here in Sweden, actually the night before at this time...

We celebrate Xmas on the 24th, so I'm about to log off and switch my Asterisk into
"merry-christmas-mode" with the yet undocumented CLI command "frosty-mode on", a mode
where the PBX will connect all incoming extensions to the "ho-ho-ho" sound file and then randomly
pick a number in the +1234 country code (for the North Pole), dial out and bridge. And these
magical SIP connections will work over ANY type of NAT.
(Due to the SIP header "Santa-magic-cookie: on")

And yes, the frosty mode is even un-documented on the http://www.voip-info.org wiki. :-)

It's been fun spending the fall with the Asterisk project. I look forward to next year,
with the new handbook coming in place, with many new applications
and features and - hopefully - many new Asterisk installs at customer sites.

It's snowing outside, the trees are already covered with snow and the stars are glittering on
a dark sky. My kids are sleeping, dreaming of their christmas gifts tomorrow. It's going
to be a traditional Swedish christmas...

Have a wonderful Christmas, all of you!

Warm regards,
/Olle