[Asterisk-Users] Auto Starting Asterisk

Chris Albertson chrisalbertson90278 at yahoo.com
Tue Dec 23 10:33:07 MST 2003

Look in the directory /etc/init.d (/etc/rc.d/init.d on
some systems)

You put a script in there called "asterisk".  There is a
sample called "asterisk.init" in the source.  copy it to
/etc/init.d/asterisk

You may want to study the other files in /etc/init.d to see
how they work.

Next read the "chkconfig" man page  and  see way you'd want to
type "chkconfig --add asterisk; chkconfig asterisl on"

Finally to start asterisk you can type "./asterisk start"
You may also want to re-boot the computer to verify that
asterisk does start automatically

--- andrewg at felinemenace.org wrote:
> On Tue, Dec 23, 2003 at 12:18:10PM +0000, Adthrawn wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > Can anybody guide me in configuring the system to start Asterisk
> from
> > bootup... Probably a highly remedial question - but you've got to
> start
> > somewhere!
>
> If you use screen(1), you can do screen -d -m to start asterisk, and
> able to
> reattach to to it using screen -d -r.
>
> A sample would be like
>
> screen -d -m /path/to/asterisk -vvvvvgc