[Asterisk-Users] Asterisk SIP Packet Time (20ms)

Rich Adamson radamson at routers.com
Tue Dec 23 09:40:08 MST 2003

There's no reassembly with udp, and there is no sense of packets arriving
in the same order as what was sent. Udp is a best-effort low-overhead way
of transmitting data (with UDP often times referred to as the Unreliable
Data Protocol). Changing to TCP would allow reassembly, however the
overhead would be substantial.