[Asterisk-Users] Auto Starting Asterisk

Adthrawn adthrawn at adthrawn.freeserve.co.uk
Tue Dec 23 05:18:10 MST 2003

Hi,

I'm a newbie to the list, but have been screwing around with Asterisk
for the last 6 months or so (on a purely experimental basis so far).
I'm not a linux expert by any stretch, (I'm a Mac OS X user), so I'm
unsure where the line is drawn in terms of Linux issues or Asterisk
issues.

At present, I have to manually start Asterisk from the command line,
but I'd like to have it automatically start up (and in the correct
mode) at startup.

For now, the server is running as a workstation, so I only need it to
run as a background daemon, but in the near future, we're going to run
Asterisk of a dedicated racked server, which we would only want to run
Asterisk, and there bare minimums required - as far as I'm aware, you
could start Asterisk very early on in the boot-up process.

Can anybody guide me in configuring the system to start Asterisk from
bootup... Probably a highly remedial question - but you've got to start
somewhere!

Regards,
Ad.