[Asterisk-Users] First VOIP *

jna at tcpbbs.net jna at tcpbbs.net
Mon Dec 22 22:07:28 MST 2003

Hello,

I am setting up a VOIP system using * for our remote located broadband
customers. We are bringing in a full voice T1 with 24 channels and going to
use the wildcard T100P. Its going to be another 2 weeks before our voice T1
is installed and I want to take that time to setup our * box. Its all
installed and working right now and I just need to do configuration.

Our goal is to do a vonage type service but to our customers already as a
value added service. We will be assigning each customer there own DID
telephone number. They will be using something like a cisco ip phone, still
deciding on this part - Any recomendations on this for this type of
application?

Anyhow, the standard config examples show basic setups that are geared more
toward office setups etc.. Is there an example config on how to setup for a
VOIP server serving remote clients?

I want to just do some simple things here.

1) Assign a DID phone number to a customer based on static IP.
2) (INCOMING) When a land line voice call comes in to customer DID
555-555-XXXX it is recognized as belonging to 10.0.0.10 by * and is
forwarded to that ip's phone.
3) (OUTGOING) When user 10.0.0.10 picks up his ip phone he gets a dial tone
at the * box via his broadband connection and dials a land line and the * b
ox will just pick the next available channel out of the bunch and give him
outbound land call without dialing 9.

Repeat for next customer...

Can someone point me to some docs or example configs on this please!?

Many thanks in advance,
John