[Asterisk-Users] Asterisk SIP Packet Time (20ms)

Andres andres at telesip.net
Mon Dec 22 18:23:35 MST 2003

On Monday 22 December 2003 19:58, Rich Adamson wrote:

> > > Thanks for your Input Rich.  I went ahead and tested this on our
> > > production servers and sure enough the inter-packet times are 20ms.
> > > There must be something happening with our LAB Asterisk.  It could be
> > > the CBQ traffic shaping software we have running on it.  I will fiddle
> > > around with it to see if it changes anything.
> > >
> > > Thanks!
> > > Andres
> >
> > Ok...after some more testing, the traffic shaping software was not the
> > culprit.  It turns out that if the UA is configured for 60ms of voice,
> > then Asterisk will show this strange behaviour.  If we set the UA for
> > 20ms, then all works well.
>
> Cool!
>
> How did it get set to 60ms?
The GS Phone, ATA186, and SPA2000 all have a parameter that lets you set the
transmit packet size to 60ms (or multiple other values).  Asterisk will
receive 60ms and transmit 20ms times 3 packets, andit works quite well.  In
any case our SPA2000 problem was unrelated to the packet time.

Regards,
Andres