[Asterisk-Users] DID trunks -- equipment requirement

Don Pobanz dpobanz at hastingsutilities.com
Mon Dec 22 15:42:00 MST 2003

On Monday, December 22, 2003 3:40 PM, john lawler
[SMTP:maillist at tgice.com] wrote:
> Hi guys,
>
> I posted a somewhat similar question about a month ago and got a
> thoughtful resonse from Steven Critchfield, but I've got a quick
> follow
> up question to it.
>
> I'm looking to setup a 16 extension / 10-14 phone line Asterisk
> install
> for a customer who would like to have DID numbers for the extensions,
>
> since they're currently on Centrex and already have the 1-to-1
> correspondence.  Since I'm in a less populated area of the country,
> SBC
> doesn't seem to have much in the way of fractional T1 products (on
the

> scale that we need them) available,

Have you asked for a full T1 but with just 10-14 DID/DOD trunks? We can
not get fractional T1 here but on a full T1 we can add anywhere from 1
- 24 trunks. So we pay one amount per month for the T1 and on top of
that we pay another amount times the number of trunks we have.

I know this didn't exactly address your questions. For your primary
question I believe that your would need different type of channels in a
channel bank than FXOs. DPTs (Dial pulse) terminating come to mind, but
that may be wrong.

Don Pobanz