[Asterisk-Users] Re: Grandstream Audio

Stephen R. Besch sbesch at acsu.buffalo.edu
Mon Dec 22 12:41:46 MST 2003

Chris Albertson wrote:
> My Strandstream BT100 is working OK for both inbound and outbound now
> except that when you speak into the handset you cannot hear your
> own voice in the earpeice.  It works OK, the other end can hear the
> call but most telephone users have become used to hearing their own
> voice.
>
> Is this something I can fix or is it a "feature" of the GS phone?

"Sidetone" (hearing yourself talk) should be generated by the phone. I
suspect that if it is not there, then the phone is defective and should
be replaced.  It is not something that is configurable, as far as I
know.  I have 20 of them on site and they all generate proper sidetone
out of the box. The only other possibility I can think of is that
silence supression (a GS option) is enabled AND also not working
properly. I have never experimented with silence supression.  Anyone
wand to pipe in?

Stephen R. Besch