[Asterisk-Users] MSN messenger and *

Craig Waddington craig at xmbsystems.com
Mon Dec 22 11:10:38 MST 2003

Sorry for the late reply.

I try port 5060 and it just knocks me back straight away, I cant see it
even try to authenticate in the CLI.

X-lite works both inside the LAN and outside using SIP.

Messenger version = 4.7

John I will try your suggestion with sip.conf thanks for the help. I
notice a few differences, I seem to be missing some bits..

Its like it is trying to authenticate with the Linux box and not
asterisk.

Sip.conf

[general]

port=5060                       ; Port to bind to

bindaddr=0.0.0.0                ; Address to bind to

context=sip                     ; Default for incoming calls

allow=ulaw

allow=alaw

allow=gsm

allow=ilbc

[3001]

type=friend

username=3001

fromuser=Craig1

secret=secret

host=dynamic

mailbox=3001

context=sip

dtmfmode=info

I found 3 guides and each one seems to be a bit different and use
different ports.

I am using the X100P, it is a home system, to reduce call charges for my
family overseas.

If  I can get Messengger working it will be easier to talk them through
the setup.