[Asterisk-Users] Festival sounds like a steam engine

Iain Stevenson iain at iainstevenson.com
Mon Dec 22 10:52:15 MST 2003

I tried running the festival app today with little success. I have a
working festival installation that does TTS to the linux sound output
perfectly.

With * it just produces a sort of hissing sound.  The length of hissing is
proportional to the length of text string that it is given to speak.  Since
I'm running on a PPC system I fear the dreaded endian problem is to blame
and that app_festival may need changing.  Has anyone else experienced
similar problems?

  Iain