[Asterisk-Users] ToIP (TDD over IP)

Alfred R. Nurnberger alfred at flosys.com
Mon Dec 22 09:54:36 MST 2003

TDD is a very simple teletype like unit for "Telecommunications for the
Deaf"
Which is hooked up to a telephone line with an acousic coupler <remember
these ?>
It transmits with 45 baud / BAUDOT code , but unlike regular modems the
carrier is removed once the key has been released.
TDD is supported by most goverment agencies, emergency services (911) etc.
here in the US.

Alfred.