[Asterisk-Users] call files

Nick Knight nick at omniis.com
Mon Dec 22 06:36:55 MST 2003

I am after using a web crm system which has a button to then get
asterisk to dial the contact. For this I was looking at call files,
which appear good for the job, I have one small problem with them
though.

1/ file is created

2/ external number is called

3/ the external party answers

4/ the external party now hears ringing as you extension is now being
called - bad!

What I would like to get round this is probably the reverse - I don't
want the people I am calling to hear ringing. For example as soon as it
has dialled the receiving end call me, or call me first then call the
other extension?

It is probably something very simple I am missing!

Nick