[Asterisk-Users] asterisk with a third party gateway

Deepakumar JV jvdeepak at yahoo.com
Mon Dec 22 02:50:00 MST 2003

Hello

Can asterisk be configured as a PBX with a third party gateway (cisco router 3640  running Cisco call manager express). The cisco gateway will only interface the PSTN and asterisk, so the cisco router will handle incoming and outgoing calls. I would like to do this as we have the hardware like VIC ISDN cards with us.

The main reason for going with asterisk is to hook up with a VOIP service provider.

Any help in this regard will be greatly appreciated

Thanks
Deepak