[Asterisk-Users] ivr key press?

Rich Adamson radamson at routers.com
Sun Dec 21 09:19:59 MST 2003

> > for the full 3000? (That's that part I'm not seeing; forest and the trees
> > kind of thing).
>
> Okay, please step out of the forest.

Okay, some of the forest is beginning to disappear and I can see some trees. ;)
I'm getting closer at least. Here's the ivr context as it stands right now,
knowing full well that its incomplete. I've having a brain-fart on part of
this. In the initial inbound ivr context [inbound-bus2], I press an 8 to
goto the [npilist] context where a message is played that says "for Rich,
dial extension 3000, etc". When the user enters 3000, what statement needs to
follow the exten => s,2,Background(npi-directory) to send the call to the
entered extension?  (Note: all of my extensions are defined in elsewhere
in [from-sip].)

[inbound-bus2]
exten => s,1,Wait,1
exten => s,2,Answer
exten => s,3,DigitTimeout,5
exten => s,4,ResponseTimeout,20
exten => s,5,Background(npi-greeting)  ; "Thanks for calling press 1 for"

exten => 1,1,Goto(sales,s,1)
exten => 2,1,Goto(custserv,s,1)
exten => 8,1,Goto(npilist,s,1)
exten => 9,1,Goto(vm,s,1)

[sales]
exten => s,1,Dial(SIP/3001,15,t)
exten => s,2,Hangup

[custserv]
exten => s,1,Dial(SIP/3002,15,t)
exten => s,2,Hangup

[npilist]
exten => s,1,Wait,1
exten => s,2,Background(npi-directory)   ; "Press 3000 for Rich..."
exten => s,3,Goto(from-sip,s,1)

[vm]
exten => s,1,VoicemailMain2
exten => s,2,Hangup

Also, is there a "set verbose" mode or something like that, that would
provide some CLI feedback as to return values, etc? (Example, with the
menues above, during the message played in [npilist] I'm expecting to
enter 3000. However, as soon as I press the "3" I get a "-- Hungup 'Zap/2-1'"
which doesn't help me understand what is really going on. Is there
another debug mode that would help?

Rich