[Asterisk-Users] Callwaiting / limits?

Stephen J. Wilcox steve at telecomplete.co.uk
Sun Dec 21 06:54:49 MST 2003

Hi,
 I'm using grandstream phones, when on a call and a second call comes in the
call waiting indication is to play ringing which means you cant actually hear
your original call. I want to stop this but cant, heres my options

1. Change the callwaiting indication, I assume this is produced by the phone and
in the case of grandstream there seems to be no way to control this.

2. Use of incoming/outgoing limit in sip.conf. This works okay except there is
no 'absolute limit' type option, meaning that if i place an outbound call from
my grandstream it is possible to send a new incoming call in and we have the
call waiting again.

I assume others have found this, whats the solution?

Steve